The end of the school year is fast approaching. What better way to say, “Farewell” to a wonderful teacher than by expressing appreciation with a handmade, personalized gift. Here are a some great end of the year teacher “thank you” gift ideas that can be made at home on your printer:
Planners and Accessories
Who can resist a good planner, or the stickers to fancy them up? Put together a sweet little kit of planner stickers, washi tape, pens and more that will make planning next year’s lessons a lot more fun.
What do seeds do? They grow! What do teachers do? They help students grow. How appropriate then to give a packet of beautiful flower seeds to a teacher in a custom printed seed packet that displays affectionate and appreciative thoughts on how a teacher has helped a student grow. All you need is a printer, a template, seeds and thoughtfulness.
Along the green thumb line, a plant from the garden in a pretty mug, tin or mason jar with a custom plant tag is a great way to show your appreciation. Alternatively, if you have a plant that is super easy to root, like mint, you can place a cutting in a bottle and include directions on when to change the water (every 2 days or when cloudy) and when to plant (when the roots are >3″ long).
Custom Candle Gift Label
Who shines a light in the darkness? Teachers. Each time the candle shines its little light and fills the room with its lovely fragrance, your teacher is reminded that she made a difference in the life of another human being. Add a custom label for candles for a personalized touch.
Sweet Treat Wrapper
If a teacher was sweet on you during the school year, return the favor! Create an assortment of candy bars and re-wrap them in printed custom candy wrappers with messages of how grateful you are for all your teacher has done for you throughout the school year.
Baked Good Wrapper
No time to run out for sweets? If you have the ingredients at home, a great gift is only a recipe and a handful of ingredients away. Banana bread or cookies make a wonderful present. Include a pack of blank custom recipe cards and fill one out with the recipe as well.
Custom Clip Board
Any well-organized teacher will have use for a sturdy clipboard from time to time. Why not gift a teacher at the end of the year with a clipboard that has been jazzed up with a printable custom clipboard cover? All you need is a unique digital image or memorable message on a Word document. If you don’t have adhesive printer paper, that’s okay. Regular printer paper and glue will also work.
What teacher doesn’t have need of loads and loads of bookmarks? Bookmarks are great ideas. Possibilities abound for designs featuring photos, brilliant patterns, and thoughtful messages, even funny anecdotes. The great thing about printing bookmarks is that many can be printed at one time and the craft is so easy, kids can make them all on their own. Printable custom bookmarks come in a variety of shapes and sizes, all you need to do is select your template of choice, gather supplies for the design you’ve planned, and get to some serious crafting.
Fabric Gift Bag
Gift bags are always wonderful because they can be filled with any number of things a teacher might love: scented hand lotion, sweets, beautiful pens, notepads with thoughtful messages, gift cards, etc. To make a gift bag special, print on fabric a special message, pattern or image that will uniquely connect your teacher with your experience for the past school year. Bundle up all the goodies, pull together the corners, and secure with a pretty ribbon.
How about giving a teacher a “Best Teacher In The World” award plaque? There are loads of super cute ways to create a personalized keepsake memento from the whole class, like this thumbprint printable. Mix it up a bit by printing it on wood. Transferring an image to a fantastically wood-grained panel is as simple as printing an image on a piece of wax paper. Be prepared to really impress your teacher at the end of the year!
Printable Gift Card Holders
Gift cards are always a welcome gift, and there are plenty of talented designers online offering gift card holders you can print at home. Gift cards to coffee shops, grocery stores, spas and of course: gas stations are fantastic. Stick with gifts they can use to pamper themselves and save the school supply related shopping for the beginning of the year. Local chain grocery shops carry selections of cards to other stores, but if you don’t have time to run out you can purchase and print the cards from the stores website most of the time.
All the Pun You Can Handle!
Dad? What are you doing here on Pinterest? In the spirit of our favorite dad jokes, there is no shortage of pun related gift ideas on our favorite site. Just a few pamper-centric favorites:
- “Have to Ad-Mitt: You are sweet” Oven Mitts
- “Hands down, best teacher around” Hand lotion or soap
- “Mani Thanks” Pedi/Manicure theme gifts
- “Thanks for being toe-tally awesome” Pedi/Manicure theme gifts
- You’re the Bees Knees” Burt Bees Products
- “You’re the Balm” Lip balm
- “Thanks for keeping me on target” Target Gift Card
- “You rocked my socks off” Socks
- “Thanks for being a light in my life” Candles
- “Thanks for helping me bloom” flowers
- “Thanks for helping me grow” plants
- “Couldn’t have picked a better teacher” plants
- “Teachers plant seeds of knowledge that grow forever” Plants & seeds
- “Thank you berry much” berry flavor/scented things
- “You are gold” Gold themed gifts
- “Thanks to you, I’m a Smart Cookie” Cookies
- “…Star teacher” Starbursts
- “Thanks for being a great ade” Lemonade Kits
- “You’re a POPular teacher” Popcorn
- “Thanks for being so sweet” any snacks or sweets
- “Thanks for going the Extra mile” Extra Gum
- “Donut know what we’d do without you” Donuts
- “I’ll miss you a latte” Coffee Gift Cards
- “Couldn’t have picked a better teacher” Fruit themed gifts
- “Best teacher, bar none” Candy Bars
- “Thanks a Bundt-ch for all you do” Bundt cake
- “Can’t keep it bottled up…” Soda
- “Thanks for helping out peanut” Peanut themed gifts
- “Muffin to do but appreciate you” Muffins
- “You are a supreme teacher” Pizza gift cards
- “I’d go Nuts without you” Nuts
- “Thanks for the commit-mint” chocolate mints
And the absolute BEST gift: “Our child might be the reason you drink” Wine. (Disclaimer: Most schools are zero tolerance zones, plan delivery off campus).
And there you have it! More than half a dozen teacher gift projects that make it easy to give not just a gift, but a memory of a school year of dedication that did not go unnoticed. The hardest part of fun, easy projects like these is stopping! Once you finish one, ideas of holiday gifts and birthday presents will be filling your mind with inspiration! For more great ideas on all things printable where arts and crafts are concerned, like printing on index cards, tape and post-it notes, please contact us.